I originally created this site submitter to make it easier for me to hand-submit NowSell.com URL's to the top search engines. It proved to be a great time saver, and I decided to open it up for others to benefit from. I hope you find it as useful as I have.
Note: This tool will not work if you have a pop-up blocker active. You will have to switch it off to proceed.
Tips to submit URLs.
- Create a text file containing the URLs to all the pages on your site.
- Open your URL file and copy the first URL you wish to submit.
- Click on a link below to open a set of 4 search engine submit URL pages in frames (open several at once if you wish).
- Paste your URL into each of the 4 URL submit fields and press submit.
- Once each frame shows the result of your submission, click on 'Close' to close the window, or on a number to load the corresponding page.
- Repeat until you have submitted one URL to each of the engines.
- In your URL file, note the date next to the URL just submitted.
- Save the file and close it.
- Return here tomorrow and repeat the process with another URL.
- Some search engines will only accept your root URL (homepage). For these engines, only submit once a week until listed.
- I suggest you maximize the page on your screen to make each of the frames as large as possible.
- Many of the search engines require that you provide an email address. Submitting is even quicker if you use a multiple clipboard utility so that you can paste this information in at the same time as your URL. I use the shareware CopyPaste for Mac which now offers a CopyPaste for Win95/98 version as well. It allows up to 100 clipboards which can also be saved through restarts, plus many other useful features. I'd be lost without it!
- Before you submit an URL, it's a good idea to 'renew' the page. Make a change in your HTML file, so that the search engines will see it as a new page. Many search engines ignore repeat submissions of identical pages with the same creation date. Some may even penalize you for spamming the engine. The changes you make need not be significant. Just change a word or two somewhere.
Search Engine Submission Pages:
Manual Search Engine Submitter - Group 1